A.D. Martin came to Lander in 1920, from Missouri. He sold horse drawn farm equipment. In the following years, A.D. moved to Riverton and went to work for the Riverton Lumber Company. He eventually became co-owner and retired in 1953. When Noble Lumber Company came up for sale he partnered with his two sons Davis and Jack to form the A.D. Martin Lumber Company on October 4th, 1954. This occurred around the same time the uranium/oil boom hit the Wind River Basin, in the following years the business prospered. A.D. Martin Lumber Company served many different industries, from miners and oil men to contractors and home owners. In 1986 Davis and Jack’s two sons Mike and Joe purchased the company from their parents until Mike became the sole owner in 1993. Mike owned and operated AD Martin Lumber until 2013, after which his son, John, took the reigns and retired the old man.
A.D. Martin Lumber has served the Dubois, Wyoming area for nearly 40 years. The Dubois branch of A.D. Martin Lumber officially opened its doors in the fall of 2001. There were several locations downtown until the current location was established in 2006.
Stay updated with all our latest posts, products and offers! Just enter your information below.